- Magistrate, Tenth District Court of Appeals, September, 1998 to Present.
- Responsible for for administration of original actions, primarily mandamus actions pertaining to the application of worker’s compensation laws of the State of Ohio. Schedule conferences with attorneys, hold hearings, and prepare written decisions and recommended rulings for review by the court.
Previous Work Experience
- Staff Attorney to the Honorable John C. Young.
- Prepared entries on motions as requested by the Court Administrator. Involved in courtroom management on a monthly basis. Trained in Alternative Dispute Resolution and served as a Prehearing Conference Attorney for the Court. Mediated settlement negotiations between litigants.
- Staff Attorney, Schaeffer & Shea Co., L.P.A. Practiced primarily in the areas of Probate and Real Estate law. Also represented clients in the areas of Domestic Relations, Bankruptcy and Collections.
- Security Officer, Nationwide Insurance. Responsible for surveillance and protection of employees and multi-million dollar facilities. Involved in special investigative research into employees' backgrounds and fraud allegations.
- Admitted to practice before the Ohio Supreme Court.
- Admitted to practice before the United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio.
- Juris Doctorate, The Ohio State University College of Law, Columbus, Ohio, May 1986.
- Bachelor of Science in Social Welfare, Cum Laude, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio.